Just some of my personal experiences with both of my daughters during the dreaded time of potty training... I am sure their are some boy momma's out there that have some interesting stories too! So please feel free to add your comments!!
BEWARE THERE MAY BE SOME THINGS THAT ARE TOO MUCH TO HANDLE ABOUT BODILY FLUIDS AND SUCH...SO STOP HERE IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT!!! MOMMY'S CAN- ITS THE NON MOMMY'S AND DADDYS WHO CANT! LOL
1. Nobody ever tells you that when you start potty training there are usually three fazes. Faze One: Going in the small child potty. Faze Two: Going on the grown up potty. And Faze Three: Going out in public restrooms.....
2. Nobody ever tells you when you first start this process there is no point in pull ups! Until you are in faze three..
3. Nobody ever tells you, your child must pee on herself a few time's to get the point of potty training..
4. Therefore you are on watch 24/7 exp if you have new furniture or carpet.
5. Nobody ever tells you how much bodily fluid will come out of your child! Like what on earth do they eat!!
6. You will actually start to with hold certain food or drinks so you dont have an extra messy poo to clean up off the floor!
7. Nobody tells you sometimes to get your child to go on the potty in time- you will keep potty in the living room!
(After saying this Im sure I will have less company over my house!) lol ooops!
8. Nobody ever tells you during faze one of potty training you will end up washing every pair of panties your child owns.
9. Nobody ever tells you by the end of faze one you will indeed transform into a cheerleader!! (Every time child uses potty! YAY! Good Job! Sallyanna!- followed by an applause!! And maybe some jumping!LOL)
10. Getting your child to poop on the potty is so much harder then getting them to pee! (Aubree actually called her poop "bugs" and would freak out every time! And Sallyanna screams in fear also and says "ewww!" and they both will hold it in so they wont have to use potty.) sighs.... The worst part of potty training to me anyways...
11. Nobody tells you,you will have to "try" to explain to your 2yr old why she cant have Diego panties... your a girl and they make Diego underwear only for boys.. (we go through this every morning with Sallyanna) lol
12. Nobody ever tells you that your 2yr old will try to convince you to put on a diaper every time she needs to poo! (Why I am now hiding the diapers)
13. Once you begin faze two your child is usually very fearful of the big potty and thinks they are going to be flushed away!
14. Faze three going in public- no matter how many times you ask your toddler if they need to use the restroom they will say no... and then pee while in the check out line.
15. Faze three again... the automatic flushing toilets are the worst! They are loud and to this day my 5yr old is still afraid of them. Nobody ever told me I'd be that Mother either posting a post it to the sensor so it wont go off or standing behind the toilet with my hand covering the sensor just so my daughter can go in peace. LOL
16. Nobody ever tells you stickers and m&ms or in my case with Aubree (olive garden mints) will be your best friend used as rewarding your child to go potty!
17. Nobody ever told me I would be home on a saturday night actually blogging about potty training.....